What to Expect When You Schedule a Professional AC Tune Up
It’s never too late to benefit from a professional A/C tune-up, especially in Jacksonville, where the cooling season is long and hot. Annual preventive maintenance saves you money by increasing the energy efficiency of your air conditioner, preventing common (but expensive!) operating problems, and extending the life of your equipment. A well-maintained air conditioner can last for well over 20 years and will experience fewer breakdowns.
Always hire a reputable contracting company with expert technicians for your tune-up to ensure the highest level of service and guaranteed work. During the tune-up, your technician will clean, inspect and service the air conditioner. These essential tune-up tasks that will be included in the the long list of key service checkpoints:
- Tighten the electrical connections, inspect terminals and wiring for damage, and apply a non-conductive coating to help prevent corrosion.
- Lubricate the moving parts of the air conditioner to prevent friction from damaging components.
- Measure the airflow and refrigerant level to ensure optimum cooling power.
- Clean and inspect the coils for efficient heat exchange.
- Clean the condensate pan and flush the drain to prevent clogs, which can shut down your system.
- Inspect the ducts for damage, obstructions and leaks.
- Test the electric control of the system to ensure proper cycling and operation.
- Remove dust from essential components to ensure efficiency and protect them from premature failure.
Maintaining system efficiency after a professional A/C tune-up will ensure lower energy bills for the duration of the cooling season.
- Inspect the air filter every month and replace it with a clean one when dust begins accumulating. A dirty air filter restricts the flow of air, allows dust to build up on essential components, and reduces indoor air quality.
- Hose down the outdoor unit monthly to remove debris trapped in the metal slots, which can prevent optimum heat exchange.
- Keep obstructions away from the registers to ensure proper airflow and a high level of comfort.
To schedule your professional A/C tune-up with one of our qualified technicians, please contact us in the Jacksonville area at Mike Merritt Heating & Air Conditioning.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com