Stop Stalling on Your AC Upgrade – 5 Reasons Why
No matter how well you maintain your automobile, there usually comes a time when you realize it just makes more economical sense to replace the vehicle. That same common-sense logic applies to your home’s air conditioning system as well. Homeowners in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL often discover that they’ll save more money over the long run with an AC upgrade. A high efficiency model can quickly pay for itself through savings on your monthly energy bills. If you’ve been putting off upgrading your cooling system, here are five reasons why now may be the perfect time to take action.
- Your current cooling system is outdated. Today’s cooling systems are far more energy efficient than units manufactured just a decade ago. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), if your current air conditioning system is more than ten years old, a new Energy Star model can cut your cooling costs by as much as 40 percent.
- Your AC system needs repair. If a primary piece of your air conditioning system like the compressor or evaporator needs to be replaced or repaired, it may be cheaper over the long term to upgrade the entire system. A skilled professional from Mike Merritt Heating & Air Conditioning can help you compare the cost of a repair to the savings that a high efficiency air conditioner can offer.
- Your home is uncomfortably hot or humid. Today’s modern cooling systems aren’t just more energy efficient. They deliver better performance too. Quality Carrier air conditioners are equipped with features like variable-speed blowers that automatically adjust fan speeds according to your home’s cooling demands. Many come with high-tech controls that help manage humidity levels as well.
- Your cooling system uses the refrigerant R-22. Because the refrigerant R-22, commonly called Freon, contains ozone-depleting substances, it is no longer being produced for use in new systems. R-22 is being gradually phased out for use in existing systems too. Prices for R-22 are rising as the substance becomes less available. A new system equipped with an eco-friendly alternative offers you insurance against rising refrigerant costs. It’s a great way to help the environment too.
- You want to take advantage of discounts and rebates. The specials and coupons offered by Mike Merritt Heating & Air Conditioning can save you hundreds of dollars on your new air conditioner installation. We’ll also let you know about governmental rebates available in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL that can save you even more.
If your existing system isn’t delivering the kind of comfort that your family deserves, you owe it to yourself to investigate an AC upgrade. Let the pros at Mike Merritt Heating & Air Conditioning crunch the numbers for you to help you determine if the best time to install a new air conditioner is now. We’ll make sure that you find the optimal cooling product for your home, one that will keep you and your family cool and comfortable for many years to come.